Overview of Bike Petaluma Leadership Committee goals from our April 2019 Letter to City Council:
- Adopt a Vision Zero policy toward eliminating all serious injuries and fatalities caused by traffic collisions.
- Update the outdated Bicycle and Pedestrian Master Plan.
- Plan and implement protected bike lanes on D St. between 1st St. and Lakeville St.
- Make Lynch Creek Trail a welcoming, vibrant, and sustainable pathway that is celebrated and used by residents and visitors of all ages and abilities.
- Ensure that bike lanes and shoulders along major roadways are kept clear of debris and vegetation.
- Continue to improve the City Engineer, City Manager, and City Council’s discourse with the Pedestrian and Bicycle Advisory Committee.
- Promote and sponsor events, activities, and programs that celebrate bicycling, provide bicycling education, and foster community around bicycling.
Read the full letter submitted to City Council that outlined our priorities for 2019. We wrote this letter to provide our input to the City’s goal-setting efforts. Several of our leadership committee members also participated in The City of Petaluma Goal Setting Meeting to make sure our perspective was included. Last week the City released the draft City Goals, take a look for yourself to get a sense of what the City has identified as its priorities for the 2019-21 goal setting term.