Bike Petaluma strives to create a town where people of all ages and abilities can safely enjoy bicycling.
Community Bike Rides: 2nd Saturdays at 9:30am, starting point varies, family friendly.
Valet Bike Parking: We provide bike parking to encourage people to ride instead of drive to local annual events (Butter & Eggs, Petaluma Music Festival, Petaluma Progressive Festival, Lumacon).
Monthly Meetings: Reach out to us by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you’d like to consider joining our organizing committee so we can get more bike stuff done in Petaluma. We meet on the 3rd Thursdays from 6:30-8pm, downtown.
Other Activities: Advocacy work with City of Petaluma focused on “All Ages & Abilities” bike routes, collaboration with Sonoma County Bicycle Coalition to support education programs in Petaluma, bike parades, monthly newsletters.
Our goals range from improving bicycle safety, mobility, and infrastructure, to celebrating and raising the profile of all forms of bicycling in Petaluma–whether for transportation or recreation.
Bike Petaluma is a volunteer community group. There is a ‘mailing list’ for the group, rather than formal membership. Individuals are invited to join the Sonoma County Bicycling Coalition (SCBC) as dues-paying members. Bike Petaluma activities are planned democratically in committee format, in service to the larger group. Input and feedback from the larger group is always welcomed.
- Establish partnerships with aligned organizations and businesses, such as Sonoma County Bicycle Coalition.
- Develop and promote a vision for Petaluma’s bicycle network.
- Closely track relevant city, county, and regional planning processes.
- Initiate campaigns and mobilize constituents to support these campaigns when needed.
- Promote bicycling-related services and resources available to Petalumans.
- Organize local events to celebrate and improve bicycling in Petaluma, sometimes in coordination with key advocacy efforts.
- Promote safe, courteous, and responsible use of roadways, paths, and trails.
- Encourage local businesses to provide bike parking and incentivize bicycling for both employees and patrons.
- Support bike to school and bike to work programs, including County or regional efforts.